Monday, October 27, 2008

our prayers go out to the family of Jennifer Hudson...

I was bout to write a blah blah blog about how I saw that Beyonce is going to play Etta James and share her version of Atlast, but I just read the Chicago Sun Times article posted by Krish on GuerillaBusfare.com:

"Body of child found on West Side may be Julian King

The boy's stepfather, William Balfour, remains the primary suspect in the murders, police sources say. He is the estranged husband of Julia Hudson, who lived in the home with her brother Jason, 29, and mother, Darnell Donerson, 57. Julia Hudson is Julian's mother and the sister of Jennifer Hudson."

Jennifer's mother and brother were shot, and since then her nephew was missing. This of course has gotten a lot of media attention based on how horrible a crime it is, but also because Jennifer Hudson is a celebrity and a Oscar winner. I don't want to take away from this, because it is extremely heartbreaking and horrible, and I hope that this media attention brings her some support. But I do want to say that these incidents of violence happen everyday to innocent regular people, who are just as important as any celebrity.

What's going through my head is this could have been a boy that I know and love, who is 4 years old and who's life, and his mothers life, has been at risk because he has a father who is abusive. I hate it because as much as I can try, I cannot protect my friend and her child.
Domestic violence is horrible, but when kids are involved it is even worse. So to any child, or person effected by violence, and to the family of Jennifer Hudson, you are in our prayers, and well wishes.

No comments: