Friday, October 3, 2008

do Tyler Perry's movies have special power?


I think all Tyler Perry movies are powerful. How many times have you heard someone refer to Why did I get Married (the whole 80/20 thing which I recently learned is a theory also applied to beliefs in Feng Shui). I love all his movies so when his movie "the Family that Preys" hit theaters my man and I took our free movies passes and went out to Downtown Disney for a date, thinking we were in for another treat. I'm not saying I didn't like the movie, I did, we both liked it. But we both left the theater in a bad mood. We ended up even getting into a small argument not so much over the movie but the bad feeling it left that we irritated each other. Now after being in a healthy relationship with someone for 7 years its pretty weird to argue over something as petty as a movie. But I talked to two close friends of mine who said they had similar experiences, they left the movie irritated and argued with the person they were with over something petty. Anyway now I'm curious to see if a lot of people had this same experience.

This movie, although completely different, can be compared to a movie like Crash. In Crash people from different walks of life are shown in a way to completely humanize them, and even the characters that seem evil, you end up feeling sympathy for. The family that Preys had the opposite effect because there are some characters in this movie that you thought might be good and they turn out to be pure evil...

No comments: