Wednesday, January 14, 2009

...Everybody Knows...

John
Legend


for the first time in a while I am in good spirits about love, and I now feel I can finally choose to put me first. I am more in love with music than I have ever been ( not necessarily what comes on the radio but I am surrounded by some amazing talented people) , and I am finally making music, making art, in a way that makes me happy. Love is wonderful but sometimes I think we mix up what love is and let the relationship we are in absorb us. When this happens we can't help to feel resentment. But if we choose to meet love on our terms, giving only what is in our power to give and loving us enough to pursue our dreams...then its all good. Everybody knows this but sometimes we don't act it out in real life when the hard times come. John Legend has a nice way of describing the complexities of Love, ever since Ordinary People I have been a sucka for a John Legend love song...