Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I AM inspired by...

Heres some visual artists I have come across recently (the past few years) who I LIKe. After having my first art sho (a collab project with the homegirl Katiana at theATTIKhouse) It feels good to hear that I have my own style. With that said the skys the limit in terms of how my own art will evolve, especially as I grow as a designer and a music artist...

Check there artists out...

via JUXTAPOZ:
John B








From graffiti on the streets to galleries to the School of Visual Arts, John Breiner has been around the block in the New York art scene. He's only been out of school for three years, but he's been studying art since way back. His more recent work is painted onto the end pages of old books, a way of spanning time by adding his modern expressions to a small part of history. Maybe the oddest thing about his work is that it doesn't feel particularly inspired by the city, which is unusual for graf artists who practically breathe asphalt. Color and negative space are the two main aspects of his work, and he executes both very well. His site is packed with work so visit www.johnbreiner.com and get yourself a dose.

Another artists that I like, that reps for the BAY, and his art can be found on t-shirts, shoes, wall art, and even shower curtains is Sam Flores.




And last but mos def not least Alfie, who I met last year at FPAC and I am a fan of her art ever since. She def. holds her own with style, and never ceases to amaze, and stays having her art featured @ shows aroung the LA area so Check her out...




From her website:
Alfie's style is best described as underground urban. Much of her influences come from the Los Angeles culture buzzing around her- the music in her Ipod, the Pilipino Family dynamics, graphic design, city life, the diverse multi-cultural population, 60's-70's cartoons, mythology, and Frida Kahlo. Alfie's current series focuses on keeping the belief of love alive, in all its forms, levels and complexities. For questions and inquiries, you may email her at iam@alfienumeric.com

There is no limit to what I am inspired by but these artists deserve props for holding there own and giving me hope that as an urban lover of hip hop sister song bird from the bay, I mite be able to see some of my dreams materialize...

These three artists are all very unique and have a piece of themselves in all their artwork, but do it in a fly way that speaks to like minded folks. Support artists foreal.

As a fellow lady artista I am escpecially inspired by Alfie for all she does check her out on the blog scroll ALFIE: I Bleed Words Till I am Read All Over... ONE LOVE

-Wren

No comments: