Sunday, June 20, 2010

For all the Fathers, and folks honoring them...


The musical genius .:iamani:. put together a mix that honors fathers. It has some wonderful audio from when his little sister was born and commentary from his pops, fresh fathers day jams, as well as some original music and more. Very fresh check it.Whether you know your father well, and get to tell him on this day, or he has passed away, we are all included in this holiday, in the supporting of brothers, suns, cousins, fathers, men who have children to be the wonderful Love Warriors they know how and have all the power in the world to be. Here you go...WALK RIGHT UP TO THE SON:

via: Iamani
"made this beat like 6 or 7 years ago...

i sampled the Delfonics "Walk right up to the sun",

wrote the song last night (the night b4 i finished this mixtape) been milling in my mind for a while though...it's rough, expect a polished version when the time is right...

that's my poppa and my little sister on the track ("poppa", "yeah", "thank you sweetie")

been crazy going through my family videos watching myself and my family, great tool to gain perspective...

it's been 20 years since my pops died, my brothers were 18 and 12, i was almost 7, my sister was 22 months old, ...we've been reeling and healing ever since....

my mama said we had a spirit daddy...thank god for that, his death and my need to stay close to him kept me in close contact with the other worlds, with my own spirit, with my god"...

<a href="http://onlyiamani.bandcamp.com/track/walk-right-up-to-the-son">Walk Right Up To The Son by :::iamani i. ameni:::</a>

No comments: