Thursday, April 16, 2009

FLY WOMAN--> MYSTIC


I wanna recognize this fly woman for all the good that she does, she is mos. def an inspiration to me coming from Oakland, but more than just about shared homeland this sister is speaking on it and one of those souls that heals the world everyday just by being her. This song bird is most known for the song "The Life" with lyrics like "true queens who raise they kids implement the knowledge show them how to live.." .."but you know and i know its all about survival the struggle of our people unrivaled"...Some songs are timeless and this is one of them. I hadn't bumped this song in a minute and I was lucky enough to catch @thatgirlmystic herself when she performed last Wednesday in Long Beach and its been in rotation ever since, along with her new music ...Im so inspired I might just have to make a painting...

Below is a shout out to the women making moves in Hip Hop who I wanna recognize and who have greatly inspired me. Not only are these women, like Mystic, and inspiration to me because of the amazing music that she makes, but who they are and there commitment to making this world better. Again nothing but mad love!


if your in the LA area Come thru to IMIX on May 7th to see this fly mama bless the stage ill be there...

1 comment:

Cam said...

Wren! thats tite you got to see Mystic perform I really like her music!